CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Sooo upset.

Well, I checked online at Dom's report card grades and I was devastated. I honestly believed he may have been doing better than he actually was. He told me he was doing his work but he lied to me. It doesn't even look like he will make it out of the 7th grade unless he pulls some A's out of his ass for this last 6 weeks and we are already 1 week into it. He says he can do it...I don't know...he hasn't done it before.
Last night I was so upset about it. I'm disappointed because I thought we had an agreement. Also, we were giving him so much freedom and now we have to pull it back because maybe we gave him too much freedom.
Here are the grades:


science: 50
theater arts: 71
math: 72
PE: 33
English: 65
texhg: 71

Not one B in the bunch.
Barely a few Cs.

Unfortunately..this means..no allowance (for now).
No MP3 player
No PSP
No drums
Nothing electronic
I'm even debating about his hair now. We had a deal and all of this 6 weeks he slacked off and lied.
He broke my heart.

Of course Angel 'knew this was going to happen' but I wanted to believe he was going to be doing better. I looked in his binder and there was a crapload of papers that weren't even completed. Am I supposed to go back to searching his work for incomplete work?...again?
I've been through this before and I thought we were past this. What no one knows is that he has an IQ of 140. So why doesn't he do his work?

*sigh*

What am I doing wrong?
My friend told me that he is just lazy, well, lazy isn't going to get him out of 7th grade.
Maybe I should home-school him...but that would mean I would have to be home.
I don't know what to do.


I can't not care.

3 comments:

Dirty White boy said...

Well, home school is good for kids that have ADD. I was mostly homeschooled myself. Had I not been, I wouldnt have made it out of 1st grade. Home school means you have to take him to work with you, and he has to sit there and do his work. There is no "deadline" so if he slacks off or takes all day to do, then he does.

Dirty White boy said...

ive made my blog private. email me the email your using for your blog, and i will add you.

Tiffany said...

I am reading through your posts and was so touched by your honesty here. So many people pretend their kids are perfect and everything is great.

I can't imagine how frustrating it is to know that he can do better and that you trusted him to do so.

I am with you on taking away the "stuff" as a consequence. Does he care about passing?

Even though I only "know" you through the blog, I know that you will love him through this and all the other crap.

Thanks for being willing to share this stuff.