CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Smooth Talker

Well that seems to be what my youngest Devyn is known for. He seems to be able to negotiate his way out of getting into trouble.


I went to get the kids from Latchkey and Miah said she REALLY needed to go to the restroom. She was looking urgent. So I said, "what's the matter Miah? Do you need to make caca or what?"


She did.


She wanted me to go with her down the hall to the restroom and as I was walking off ..one of the latchkey coaches was yelling to me that she needed to talk to me. I said, "Okay, When I get back from the restroom."

So I'm in the school restroom listening to Miah actually grunting and groaning and making conversation to me about how the 1st stall is her favorite stall cause the toilet seat is lower and some other nonsense all the while I was thinking about which one of the boys was in trouble. Naturally, I thought it was Dom cause of his previous track record. Finally Miah is finished she washes her hands and we walk out and Dom is standing there. I ask him, "Does the coach need to talk to me because of you?"


He says, "nope, Devyn..and I won't tell you what it's about."


I said, "alright, don't tell me, Id rather find out from her anyway." (somehow info gets distorted when it is filtered through children)


So as we turn the corner before the long hallway to the latchkey area, I look down the hall and there is Devyn. He is waiting for me and he darts out of sight. I take my time walking down the hall and I see him conferencing with the latchkey coach. I walk up to the table and they kind of sidestep out of earshot and they are doing a lot of nodding. I see her mouth the word 'Okay' and Devyn walks away toward me and just stands there like nothing is going on.

I sign out the kids and ask her loudly if she needed to talk to me and she tells me "no".

I ask Devyn is everything alright and if there is anything I should know and he says that everything is fine.


Alright. Apparently he struck some kind of deal with the coach to do better tomorrow and she won't tell me about today.


Let's see if that sticks.


Ladies and Gentlemen,

If you see this face, please be prepared to get talked out of something:



(Go ahead and laugh...I busted out laughing when I saw this pic too) He was sooooo proud of losing those dang top front teeth.

3 comments:

Mom2FiveBratz said...

My boys are in trouble alot. I never get out of talking to a teacher/coach, ect. I wish mine could strike up a deal.

ShelbyAnne said...

I tell you what...I don't blame her in the slightest. He looks like a doll...the kind that CAN talk their way out of anything. Think you can get Dominique to tell you what the deal was? Basically just because the suspense is killing me.

Tiffany said...

Look at that face. I'd believe anything he said and do anything he asked. Negotiation is a wonderful life skill, as is charm!