CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, June 20, 2009

The Princess and the Pea...

Are any of you familiar with the fairy tale?

The Princess and the Pea?





That's who I am.

I'm the Princess (in some odd twisted way) and I have a crap load of "peas in my bed" keeping me from sleeping soundly.

We got a new PT at work and now I have more work but he also chose to pick up some of the caseload.

My 1 yr is coming up and he is worried about me leaving the company for a better paying job and leaving him to be stuck there.

My company is working my ass to the bone. I get home EXHAUSTED and I barely have enough energy to eat. Plenty of energy to sleep but I just can't seem to get enough sleep.

Now that the summer is here, I haven't really been pushing the bedtime that the kids usually have. This, is mainly because I happen to pass out prior to their "bedtime" and I end up waking up wondering if the kids are still awake. This happens around midnight some nights. Then I have to usher them to bed so that I can try to sleep peacefully the rest of the night.

Doesn't happen either.

Angel has to wake up early and be at work by 5 or 5:30 so....he has his alarm set for 3:11 AM.

Why 3:11?

Cause the man is a little strange.
Other nights he would have it set for 4:52 or some odd time.

SOOO...

Since my parents are back and the kids wanted to stay Friday night with them, they took them all. I figured this was the chance I get to spend some "quality" time with Angel and just chill.

We had it all planned out.

We were going to eat dinner and watch Elite XC (<-- Ok so I didn't get to plan the night).

We had leftover steak and I made beanie wienies. We filled up. Actually, I filled up. I pigged out and my body shut me down (again). It wasn't the type of shut-down where I didn't wake up until the morning.

NOPE.

I wish I were that lucky. I'd pass out and wake up every 15 or 20 min. I'd glance at the TV and there would be a fight going on. Then I'd shift positions and pass out again. Wake up and different fighters would be on the screen. This went on for 2 hrs.

I had to finish some notes for work so I started them. It was 11 pm. Angel had to work this morning so again....his alarm goes off at some odd hour and he gets up to start getting ready. It's 4-something AM at this time. I had just fallen asleep at 2 because of my crappy "power nap/food coma" episode. I figured I'd get to sleep in because EVERYONE is gone.

NOPE.

Tattoo was with me and for some reason he started meowing really loudly and he nibbled my arm and wouldn't let go, then he made some move like he was going to straddle me...uhhhhh..I got up to put him outside and that was that.

I'm up...doing laundry.

I WANT TO SLEEP!!!!

Other examples of why I can't sleep:

HERE

AND HERE

Get the picture?

6 comments:

Maternal Mirth said...

I feel for you. Dummy has the same problem. No matter how exhausted he is, he still can't get decent sleep.

Me = out like a light every night.

Julie H said...

God I hate when that happens! I actually got a GREAT night of sleep last night but you probably don't want to hear about that lol.

Beyond Danielle said...

I have two words to say "Hotel Room", no distrubtions until check out time, and get a hotel with a sauna and a swimming pool and you can relax, swim, eat some food, order a movie and fall out in a big comfortable king size mattress with a pillow top.

Try it it always works for me.

Cyn said...

Hmmmm, I have the same problem... Sleeping pills help stay asleep but I hate waking up. I need about 12 hours when I take them.

Sassy Mama said...

hey its me! sleepyhead number 2. It's all I think about but when I do have the chance there is so much else to do! kids man! Besides I can't sleep i'm trying to burn some fat!
So sad to hear about your work load, I guess i'll be taking back my "envy your job the most" award!

~Sheila~ said...

Maternal Mirth:
It really sucks. There is ALWAYS someone in the family who knocks out! They are usually in the bed next to us.

MOMTJ:
Rub it in!

Beyond Danielle:
I think the best thing is to send Angel and the kids AWAY cause nothing is better than my bed! I send them away to the beach often anyway.

CYN:
I can't take sleeping pills. I tried but I never stayed asleep. I always wake up halfway through feeling like medicine head.

Sassy Mama:
Sleeping used to be my diet. I didn't eat much (back then) and my mom would have to wake me up to sleep. HATED IT!
I'm all...."What?? You're waking me up for THAT?? I'll eat LATER!"
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

The job is working out better now. New boss make sure I don't get overloaded.