CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day weekend.

Alright folks.

Here we are again, at the beach.

The only difference is that we didn't spend the night or the weekend even though it was a holiday. We spent a good deal of the weekend cleaning because since my mom isn't here for another 3 months, we figured it wouldn't be fair to let things pile up for her when she gets back.

Besides, we needed clean underwear. I happened to go out and buy new ones but they still pile up..lol.

Anyway, we went to the beach for only for the day on Sunday with the kids AND the little dogs because I'm a nut and I wanted to take them. Angel never refuses.

Here is base camp.

It's simple this time because it's only for the day. We didn't load up like we usually do with a trailer and everything.




We get to the beach and the puppies follow us to the water. Immediately they start whining and wanting to be picked up. Chupa was shivering like he was a chihuahua. Miah covered the puppy in warm sand and he went to sleep. Dom came over and added a little bit of decorations.



At one point, there was this awesome rainbow in the clouds. I don't know if you can see if very well but all of the colors were there.



This is the puppies (Roary and Chupa) after they've been in the water. They were actually a lot cooler than Venus and Serena were when we took them in the water.


Roary was very hesitant everytime the water approached. He ended up retreating underneath the car.







Dom and Miah were on the sand and I thought that was a great photo-op because they were engrossed in their own thing.



Devyn was venturing off too far in the water so I called him back. He saw Miah and Dom in the sand and he wanted to participate.



Here they are chillin.




Devyn was a little upset because Miah and Dom wouldn't let him mess with their "project" so he pouted. I told him I was going to take a picture so that I will have blackmail photos.



This was a picture I couldn't resist getting. My kids are getting big.


The puppies have their own nap time so they didn't mind the kids making a couple of beds for them.


On our way out, we saw a crap load of cars getting stuck in the thick sand. I was afraid that we were going to get stuck too because we weren't close to the water. We were in thick sand. Angel reassured me that we were going to be fine. He may as well have slapped me because I was near hysterical before we hit the main road.


The kids had a great time. They were KNOCKED OUT on the way home.


We didn't even get off of the island and they were crashed. They're going to get me for posting these pics but that's what happens when mommy has a camera.

If you have been following me Twitter than you know that I am going to be doing some fishing in a couple of weeks.
On the 25th, Angel and I are going to enter a fishing tournament. It's called the Sharkathon. We are going to be sleeping on the beach (again) and fishing for a couple of days straight. I'm entered into the woman's division so I hope I win. Angel mentioned that we were going to have to be doing some "extreme fishing" which made me chuckle a little under my breath. I have this HUGE pole and HUGE reel and it's mine all mine but I just like knowing that I have it. Now, I have to actually use it and try to win something.

More info on all of that later on....

Devyn just came in and wanted to see the picture I was posting and he made this funky face asking me why'd I have to take the pic when he was asleep?

I will keep you posted on the upcoming event that is Sharkathon.

Keep in mind people. I volunteered. I know that Angel just can't get out of this 2 week trip I have planned next year to NY to visit my bro and SIL. I'm excited and he better get himself excited too. I'm talking Riverdance and everything!
P.S. Dom is writing in his blog again. Check it out.

4 comments:

tha unpretentious narcissist© said...

aww yall vacation time always looks fun. i remember what it was like to be knocked out in the backseat without a care in the world.

shit. i'd love for someone to drive my ass some place now.

and look at you being all nice, cleaning your clutter for your mom. lol

Julie H said...

That looks like fun and the puppies are too cute! I am actually in Texas right now, too bad it's the opposite end from you!

~Sheila~ said...

TUN:
Yeah, I sure wish I could be knocked out asleep while someone drives me...but that's another story for another post.

MOMTJ:
Awww, too bad you weren't closer!!Did you enjoy your stay in Texas? What am I asking, I will be over to your blog to read about it in a short while.

honkeie said...

awesome pictures but the passed out pictures where the best!