CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

HALLOWEEN

I like Halloween as much as the next person.

I like to dress up (or rather, dress my kids up) and get free candy as much as they do.

The only thing I'm not that big on is decorating my house for Halloween. I used to go all out at one time with the fake spiderweb stretched all over the house, lights ...even yard decorations.

Now...

I just have a few trinkets here and there.

This year..something simple. Since I have the house (and not a small apartment) I really want to save all of the major decorating for Christmas.

I will always carve a pumpkin though.


Last year's pumpkin:



This year's pumpkin:

Yes.....It HAD to be a skull!!!

Yes...I used a template...what? I'm not an artist so I can't do one freehand but the kids love them anyway.
I'm considering doing a few more and putting them on display.

10 comments:

Capricorn said...

This looks alot better than 'mama kats bat'..which I kept looking and I didnt see a bat. It looked more like a hairbow.

~Sheila~ said...

Well thank you Jared. I did go and look for the "Bat" pic on Mama kat's page. After sometime...I found it and knew what you were talking about. It looked like a bow with a smile.

Cherlyn said...

LOL I'm with Jared.

Who cares if you used a template? It still looks awesome.

Julie H said...

Cool pumpkins!

Andy - Instafather said...

See, now you're making me look bad.

scargosun said...

You STILL have to be an artist to do that. They look amazing! I have never been good at carving.

Dana said...

Looks great! I did a Jack Skellington pumpkin one year. Sans template. It was really fun and came out quite well. Don't sell yourself short, I'm sure you could do one without the template. BUT, it's much easier to use them!

Moe Wanchuk said...

I'm too stupid and impatient to do that. I don't even know what mine looks like after I cut it.

But I still love candy.

Anonymous said...

Can you do one for me?
Consider your blog BOOED!
Come over and get your BOO Now!

honkeie said...

I use templates all the time! I love Halloween but I rent so I cannt really go as all out as I would like to.
I will have a pumpkin pic up soon!